A level site is most important! "Flat" to the eye does not mean level.Parent Outdoor offers site preparation services including frost protected pier foundations. Please call for pricing.
Site work options:
1. Stone pad: 3/4” crushed stone bed, 3 to 6 inches deep is recommended to evenly support your building or gazebo. It’s similar in strength and appearance to a railroad track bed. The stone provides a firm level base for the structure and absorbs splattering caused by rain runoff. All of our buildings come with pressure-treated foundation beams, floor joists and plywood flooring, eliminating the need for concrete blocks (Everything within 8” of the ground meets required building codes).
2. Frost Protected Piers: Approved frost protected foundations are offered using foundation grade .23 marine grade pressure treated wood. The 6” x 6” beams are buried 48” deep or to proper code depth, then set on a cement block at the bottom of the hole that acts like a footing, and then back-filled. A laser transit is used for precise leveling. Another series of 6” x 6” beams are attached to the tops of the piers in the dimension equal to the width of the building. When the building is delivered it is anchored to the foundation. Cement piers or Sonotubes are also offered, please call for pricing.
3. Concrete slab option: This option is mainly used for larger buildings or without floors. Once the slab is installed it is recommended to put crushed stone around your outside perimeter cement slab to avoid rain from splashing back onto the building. All of our concrete slab installations are built to local building codes.
(Note: Leveling of the building, not the site, is included with our professional delivery. The customer is responsible to obtain all neccessary permits. Some towns require anchoring.Parent Outdoor does not anchor the building on delivery. That is the responsibility of the customer. We can anchor your building as an additional service if you like. Ask for pricing.)
Guidelines for preparing and leveling your yard
1. Select a convenient location in the yard.
2. Upon ordering your building, Parent Outdoor recommends you check with your town’s building and zoning departments, for proper permits and placement of the structure. Parent Outdoor does not need to witness any permitting. That is the customers responsibility.
3. Place a stake in the ground (high side) with a long string (at least the length of your building/gazebo) attached to it.
4. Have a helper hold the other end of the string.
5. Hang a line level (available at any hardware store for under $3) in the center of the string.
6. Raise or lower the string until the bubble in the level appears between the lines.
7. Keeping the string taut and steady, measure the height from the string to the ground (low side).
8. This is the amount of inches/feet your site is out of level.
9. Using ¾" Crushed Stone for buildings and gazebos, approximately 4" x 6” deep, level the site 1 foot wider all the way around. Example: 10’x 16’ Building requires 12’x 18’ size stone pad.
(Stone pad must be prepared prior to delivery)